Monday, April 6, 2009

Tea for One

After getting the children to school this morning, I decided to skip the Starbuck's visit, make
a pot of coffee and get busy doing some catch up chores from the weekend. I had a nice conversation with a cheerful friend, hung up the phone and felt like an antonym of her after
a long sleepless night.
I caught a glimpse of myself while passing the dresser mirror. I actually said out loud "Now THAT is coyote ugly".....followed by "Dang". Boy...the truth hurts. Hair in a low twisted
ponytail...after having a new haircut and highlights that I feel (when I wear my glasses) makes
me look way too much like Gloria Steinem. Sans makeup, baggie sweats, and slouchy socks.
OOoooooh yeah...pure glamour. I thought, wait a minute, I love dressing up....who says I have to look like this for a day at home?? Put the mug down, threw off the paint covered sweats (yet another charming detail in the ensemble), wiggled into a pretty dress,
slid on some sassy high heels, the makeup (wow....what a difference a little paint and spackle does make), and brushed out the new 'do. I felt myself stand taller, a new swing in the step, and
proceeded to put the remaining coffee into one of my pretty china cups. Next, the ipod went
on to my twenty favorite songs...which includes everything from Andrea Bocelli to Velvet Revolver, and proceeded to fold clothes and dust my house. Granted...not practical in many
ways, but this housewife sure did feel better about myself...even if my feet hurt in the process.

1 comment:

  1. You go, girl! And you will NEVER look like Gloria Steinem. You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete