Saturday, February 21, 2009

Annual visit

After going for the annual well woman check, the mammogram was scheduled. I was quite
nervous, as there was a lump present. That big question "What if?" loomed in my mind for the two weeks of waiting. The nerves didn't really hit until the evening prior to the appointment.
Wondering if my life would be different at the end of the following day. The Dr. had even provided a list of local surgeons she recommended, in case a biopsy or more was necessary.
I arrived a bit early for the paperwork, and waited for my name to come up. After 40 minutes,
it was my turn.
Sigh...here goes. I thought I knew what to expect, as I had been down this road before.
The nurse was friendly, good thing, considering she manhandles and manipulates the
"girls" into submission. Oh, I almost forgot, the cute little nipple stickers that go on first. Like little unattractive pasties...what, no tassels? Down came the glass plate....down, down, down.
For Pete's sake, how low can this thing go? Holding my breath, and wincing in discomfort, I hesitantly took a look at what the shape of "things" were. OMG!! The only way to describe what I saw, well...picture this....a rolled out slab of silly putty. I thought, "Good gosh, will it ever regain it's shape again?!". Thankfully, somehow it did...they both did.
Best of all, the Dr. compared films, and the lump is simply a rogue lymphnode.

1 comment:

  1. Now that's just darn good writing :0)
    So glad it all turned out alright!

    ReplyDelete