Monday, February 16, 2009

young 'uns

One of my favorite things is going to see scary movies. Not gory, mind you, but suspenseful...sitting on the edge of your seat kinda movies, with at least one big surprise
that brings out a good scream. Two of my friends are my scary movie buddies, one is a
bit of a lightweight. She tends to jump and flinch quite a bit...but won't admit it (that's right,
I've got your number M!). While my other friend (who when we first met, I was sure she
could easily, and would have enjoyed, kicking my fanny) can handle watching real screamer kind of movies alone. It is a skill I have yet to master. She can be a tough cookie....but now I know what a softie she is. We now laugh about me being slightly fearful of her...as she has heard the same story from others! Funny the perceptions we women form of one another. How wrong
first impressions can be.
Now, the last scary movie we went to see was "The Uninvited". Big mistake going to see
it on a Friday night, much less Friday the 13th. Every pre-teen and teenager from surrounding towns was in attendance. Apparently due to the movie "Friday the 13th" being sold out. While I do not take issue with loud social visiting during the previews, once the lights are dimmed and the movie begins...zip up. Ya know what I'm sayin'?? We all remember the class
clown...that irritating little dingbat that searched for acceptance by throwing about what they
thought were clever quips. Seemingly, the whole audience was full of them. I suppose the
darkness brings out the brave inner cretin, but let me "speak" for all the other quiet, respectful
movie watchers. We don't want to hear your half-witted, vacuous, lowbrow narration! huff huff huff huff huff huff huff huff...exhale....sigh.
In spite of all the interruptions, we still had a great time, and look forward to the next
fright night....just not on a Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment