Tuesday, February 10, 2009

If I could just go back......

While waiting in line to check out this afternoon, I couldn't help but take note of a pretty woman in front of me. Tall, thin, and oh-so young. Funny how easy it is to dislike someone that you
don't even know, eh?? I remember young...and firm. The thing is, when I was young and
single, I was terribly insecure. I had a flat stomach, firm thighs, thin arms...and was too
dumb to appreciate it. Now here I am in mid-life (Lawwwwd have mercy), with what I refer to as a "mocha muffin" in my mid-section....due to having at least 3 decadent white chocolate mocha's every week (yum), the thighs have a layer of...well, let's call it textured padding, the arms now have small flags that wave in the wind...and after having children, my belly button
is permanently winking. The thing is, I feel better about myself now than I ever have before.
Not that I wouldn't like the body I had at 25 back....boy would I have fun....wow....let me dwell
on that thought for a few...................................................yowsa............okay, back to reality.
It is nice to have supportive friends, without all the drama and competition that came with young womanhood. I don't mind the few
white hairs that are appearing (except the ones on the chin....eww....I do have a designated "tweezer" friend in case of coma or paralyzation), and I will take the crow's feet...I've earned them. Thankfully, most of my lines are from laughing with my sweet children and good
girlfriends.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so serious. You need to write a book! It would be thought provoking and entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep writing - you have a voice and thats the hardest thing for a writer to find!

    ReplyDelete