Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Robins are coming, the Robins are coming!!

This was my day to complete a project...a project that has been waiting in the wings for quite
a while. I cleared my calendar (except for meeting a friend for another mocha...which I might add...had skim milk, which made the addition of the whipped cream seem acceptable), and had every intention of making it a working day. But, ya know....things happen. It was a glorious day!
Clear and crisp. After making a few Valentines day purchases....the garden centers beckoned.
After convincing myself it would be a waste of a beautiful day, a sin....really, to be inside working, and that an all-nighter would make more sense (yeah I know....whatever), I had to go.
Fellow gardeners understand....right? There is a kinship among those of us that love to get dirty
(watch it now....we are talking about gardening) Upon crossing the nursery
threshold, behold....you are instantly in the company of friends. We share tips, talk about which flowers to avoid planting in our climate, which ones flourish, suggest the best nurseries to find heirloom flowers and roses....and why on earth the garden centers continue to order plants that tend to perish easily in our heat. Sound dull?? Well, I just love it!
The exquisite colors, the intricacy of the blooms, the hypnotic scents...it is simply delightful.
Well...off to plant my bonny bloomers (hey now...still talking gardening)

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to plant some flowers. I'm ready for Spring colors!

    Post some pictures when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cheerful day! Almost makes me want to be a gardner...almost :) Love your daily notes.

    ReplyDelete